[Freeipa-devel] Reminder: Patchwork

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Thu Oct 31 18:26:01 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 06:52:10PM +0100, Ana Krivokapic wrote:
> Hello IPA developers,
>
> I would like to remind everyone about our Patchwork instance[1]. This tool helps
> us to better coordinate work and be more efficient, so let's try to remember to
> use it consistently. It takes only a few seconds of extra work per patch
> submission/review, which could potentially save us much more time. It is
> especially useful to mark the patch as 'Under Review' when you start reviewing
> it, so that others are aware of it and they don't start reviewing the same
> patch. That way, we can avoid the situation of two people accidentally doing the
> review of the same patch at the same time.
>
> I have just cleaned up the Patchwork instance as best as I could so it should
> now hopefully reflect the real situation on the state of patches.
>
> We also have some instructions on how to use it on our wiki[2].
>
> Thanks!
>
> [1] https://patchwork.acksyn.org/project/FreeIPA/list/
> [2] http://www.freeipa.org/page/Contribute/Code#Tracking_patches_.28Experimental.29

Does setting the patch state with "X-Patchwork-Status:" header work for
anyone? I haven't tried it recently, but it would be a nice improvement.

Currently I update all SSSD reviews manually which is a bit tedious.
With a sane e-mail client (*cough*mutt*cough*), one can add a header
with one keystroke.

btw I also found out that automatically marking the patch as Pushed only
works for me some times. I'm not sure about the pattern, but it happens
more often for patches that are pushed to multiple branches. Do other
developers see the same?