[Freeipa-devel] Contribute to Freeipa

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Tue Feb 11 07:50:54 UTC 2014

On 02/11/2014 05:49 AM, Darth Vader wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>     I would like to help contribute some to the FreeIPA project. I am an
> Infrastructure engineer and not a developer by trade, and I am familiar
> with the IPA product. I can do some basic things (which may not be that
> much help) such as documentation, some simple code (trivial and some minor
> tickets), grammar consistency in ipa help commands, etc.
>
> I was looking at some of the documentation tickets and have created a
> couple of patches that I can attach for review.
>
> Let me know what you guys think.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gabe

Hi Gabe,

I think that it's a great idea. By contributing you will not only learn more
about FreeIPA and this technology, but also help us move this project forward.

See [1] and especially [2] and [3] for help and guide how to contribute code or
documentation. To see what are the current milestones and most wanted tasks to
be completed, check [4]. If you want to start with easier tickets, you can
search for "easyfix" in ticket keywords, but we do not always set it for the
easy ones.

If you questions, feel free to ask on this list.

May the Force be with you,
Martin

[1] http://www.freeipa.org/page/Contribute
[2] http://www.freeipa.org/page/Contribute/Documentation