[Freeipa-devel] Reviewer in Trac

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Thu Feb 20 13:54:19 UTC 2014

On 20.2.2014 14:47, Martin Kosek wrote:
> On 02/20/2014 02:31 PM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
>> On 20.2.2014 13:14, Martin Kosek wrote:
>>> We had a discussion with other developers how better track who is reviewing
>>> which patch. Recently, we introduced the Reviewed-By tag in a commit message,
>>> but that is a post-review tag which is not useful for someone who wants to know
>>> which patches are already reviewed and which are not reviewed.
>>>
>>> We were testing Patch Work [1] in last months to contain this information, but
>>> I personally think that it is suboptimal - it introduces 2 tracking tools that
>>> needs to be maintained (Trac and Patch Work) and the Patch Work still requires
>>> lot of manual actions when maintaining it's state.
>>>
>>> I think it would be better to hold this information rather in a single tracking
>>> tool - Trac. There are 2 options:
>>>
>>> 1) "Patch on review" flag, similar to "Patch posted for review" flag which
>>> would hold 1 bit information if the patch is just lying there or has somebody
>>> assigned.
>>
>> Is it possible to add new ticket states in Trac? I'm thinking extending it so
>> that instead of "new -> assigned -> closed:fixed" we have "new -> assigned:work
>> in progress -> assigned:patch available -> assigned:patch under review ->
>> closed:fixed", or something like that.
>
> It is possible to change the workflow, yes - this is something I was also
> considering.
>
> It can be done with this plugin:
>
> https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/AdvancedTicketWorkflowPlugin
>
> Unfortunately, the plugin that's in Fedorahosted Trac does not work properly,
> it gave me some Internal Errors. I filed a ticket for that:
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/4237
>
> When it is fixed, we can try to think about adjusting the workflow. Maybe we
> can indeed add new states "submitted" and "onreview" to the workflow. But even
> then I think we could use the "Patch Review by" field so that we know who is
> reviewing, if anybody.

Thinking a bit more the e-mail notifications ...

We can reassign ticket to reviewer if we have state "onreview". IMHO ticket
owner always get e-mails, right?

Nice side-effect is that report "{4} Assigned, Active Tickets by Owner" will
give you exact list of open tickets (state != new && state != closed) and you
will see who is in charge for each ticket right in the report.

Ticket owner is not set in stone and everything is still in Trac history (and
Git, of course :-).

--
Petr^2 Spacek