[Freeipa-devel] Reviewer in Trac

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Tue Feb 25 20:18:22 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 02:11:08PM -0500, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-02-20 at 17:29 +0100, Petr Viktorin wrote:
> > Patchwork:
> >   patch arrives: nothing
> >   mark self as reviewer: use web interface
> >   send review: reply, find patch in Patchwork, mark status
> >   send fixed patch: send the mail, find patch in Patchwork, mark
> > status,
> > find old patch in Patchwork, mark old patch as superseded
> >   patch pushed/superseded: find patch in Patchwork, mark as pushed
> >
> > (where "find patch in Patchwork" is frustrating when done so often)
> >
> Well now I have patches that do 2 things:

Thank you, this is really helpful!

> 1. accept commands to change state and reviewer via email headers

What I do now with my MUA (mutt+vim) is:
    * in the compose view, hit "E" which brings me to a view that also
      allows to edit headers in addition to body
    * Hit Ctrl+a to ack the patch, Ctrl+t to nack the patch, Ctrl+r to
      just mark myself the patch as "Under review"

To add the headers I've defined the following macro in ~/.vimrc:

function! PatchworkMacros()
    " a -> ack
    nmap <C-a> ggiX-Patchwork-State: Accepted<CR><ESC>
    " n -> nack
    nmap <C-n> ggiX-Patchwork-State: Changes Requested<CR><ESC>
    " r -> review
    nmap <C-r> ggiX-Patchwork-State: Under Review<CR><ESC>
    " t -> take
    nmap <C-t> ggiX-Patchwork-Delegate: jhrozek at redhat.com<CR><ESC>
endf
autocmd BufWinEnter /var/tmp/mutt-* call PatchworkMacros()

(Arguably I could fold C-t into the three combos above, but I'm still
experimenting with the setup..)

So the added logistics is to learn to press "E" instead of "e" in the
compose view and one key combo. Of course, the setup is higly dependant
on the mail client..

Also, maybe someone with more mutt knowledge will educate me how to define
the macros directly in .muttrc so I didn't have to go to the special
compose mode with 'E', but my attempts with using "my_hdr" failed..

> 2. automatically marks superseded older patches in the same mailthread

This works like a charm automagically.