[Freeipa-devel] FreeIPA ConnId connector for usage with Apache Syncope

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Fri Jan 31 10:03:33 UTC 2014

On 01/31/2014 10:45 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
> On 30/01/2014 19:25, Dmitri Pal wrote:
>> On 01/30/2014 11:35 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
>> To call into IPA you can use "ipa ..." command line or use out API from
>> python client. Since you are using Java calling into "ipa" command is
>> probably the best option.
>
> Actually, a RESTful interface (HTTP/JSON) would better suit our development
> model and deployment scenarios.

FreeIPA does not have (currently) not RESTful interface (though it is being
partially designed in [8]). However it has a Kerberos-protected
JSON-RPC/XML-RPC interface used by clients or Web UI to communicate with the
server.

We do not, however, have a good (read "none") documentation of the interface,
see related discussion in freeipa-users list [6].

>> In future we plan to allow insertion of the users via an ldap command
>> https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3911 it is on the roadmap for
>> this spring.
>>
>> What are other use cases and workflows you have?
>> Do you have a password reset self service?
>> If you do it might be nice external addition to FreeIPA if it integrates
>> into the UI seamlessly.
>
> The idea is to deploy the latest FreeIPA version in our lab, start playing with
> it and come to this list for asking for more information we are not able to
> find in the wiki (just to avoid some graceful RTFMs...).
> Then, every time we get something working, we will also check here whether we
> are heading into the right direction, if we are missing some important points,
> etc.
>
> Does it sound?

Sounds good to me, you should be able to find all documentation links in [7].

> Regards.
>
>> [1] http://syncope.apache.org/
>> [2] http://tirasa.github.io/ConnId/
>> [3] http://java.net/projects/identityconnectors/