[Freeipa-devel] API version conflict

Martin Basti mbasti at redhat.com
Fri Jul 4 11:34:48 UTC 2014

Hi list,

I need increase version number in ipa-3-3 branch to 2.66, but 2.66 is
already used in ipa-master branch (2.66 Add support for managing user
auth types). Fortunately it is very minor change so If I don't increase
the version nothing happens.

How to solve this problem? Don't increase the version number in ipa-3-3
anymore (?)

If we will increase the IPA-3 API version to number which hits a IPA-4
capability, it could break communication between ipa3-client and
ipa4-server.

Should we try increase the major version sometimes?

--
Martin^2 Basti