[Freeipa-devel] Ready to release?

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Fri Jul 4 14:57:18 UTC 2014

Hello developers!

I would like to thank everyone for the hard work during the last weeks, when
finishing the FreeIPA 4.0 release, I saw many last stabilization fixes in DNS,
OTP, ACIs, upgrade and Web UI areas.

The last major work that is still not pushed is the CA management tool.
Unfortunately, the final development and review did not go so well and we still
do not have final patches.

Given that this is a major piece of work (>50 patches) and given that the
reviewer is on a leave, I am considering moving the feature to next release -
FreeIPA 4.1 which is short and would still make it to Fedora 21. I would not
like to stall 4.0 any more, I would like to offer all the work we have done for
wider testing as soon as possible.

Thoughts? Any other last patches you would like to add to add to 4.0 GA? There
is still little time, but remember, git tag hammer is ready to fire.

Thanks.

--
Martin Kosek <mkosek at redhat.com>
Supervisor, Software Engineering - Identity Management Team