[Freeipa-devel] RPM's of different ipa versions

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Mon Jul 14 17:05:24 UTC 2014

On 07/14/2014 04:19 AM, Petr Spacek wrote:
> On 11.7.2014 08:40, James wrote:
>> This page seems to suggest that there are continuous builds available:
>>
>> http://www.freeipa.org/page/Downloads#Bleeding_Edge
>>
>> It seems this hasn't been updated since 2013, except the .repo files
>> have recently? Does this still exist? Are there archives for each
>> point release somewhere?
>>
>> In particular, I'm interested in knowing if there are repos with rpm's
>> for each version/os. (>=v.3.0.0 and Fedora/CentOS6+/RHEL6+)
> John, could you comment on this?

The "bleeding edge" repo mentioned on that page is what we call the
"devel repo".

Is the devel repo still being updated?

Yes. However being an automated process sometimes snafu's occur that we
may not catch right away. For instance I see the last update was on 7/2.
It looks like builds are failing for some reason. I don't do the builds,
Nalin does, I'll ping Nalin and see what the problem is.

Are there archives?

No! These builds are *not* official, they are intended for developers
*only*, they are *ephemeral*. On any given day the builds might me
updated multiple times. The repo only has the *latest* devel builds.
Once an automated build completes we purge any previous builds from the
repo.

Is there a build for every version/os?

Probably not. Once again, these builds are for developers only, we only
build what serves our developers at the moment. The list of what we
build changes. Typically we build a current Fedora releases and current
RHEL releases. The packages versions *only* the newest based on the
source tree (see above).

--
John