[Freeipa-devel] RPM's of different ipa versions

Petr Viktorin pviktori at redhat.com
Tue Jul 15 08:06:07 UTC 2014

On 07/15/2014 07:29 AM, Curtis L. Knight wrote:
> John Dennis <jdennis at ...> writes:

>>> John, could you comment on this?
>>>

>> The "bleeding edge" repo mentioned on that page is what we call the
>> "devel repo".
>>
>> Is the devel repo still being updated?
>>
>> Yes. However being an automated process sometimes snafu's occur that we
>> may not catch right away. For instance I see the last update was on 7/2.
>> It looks like builds are failing for some reason. I don't do the builds,
>> Nalin does, I'll ping Nalin and see what the problem is.
>>
>> Are there archives?
>>
>> No! These builds are *not* official, they are intended for developers
>> *only*, they are *ephemeral*. On any given day the builds might me
>> updated multiple times. The repo only has the *latest* devel builds.
>> Once an automated build completes we purge any previous builds from the
>> repo.
>>
>> Is there a build for every version/os?
>>
>> Probably not. Once again, these builds are for developers only, we only
>> build what serves our developers at the moment. The list of what we
>> build changes. Typically we build a current Fedora releases and current
>> RHEL releases. The packages versions *only* the newest based on the
>> source tree (see above).
>>

> I have been using docker to build rpms for different platforms. It failed on
> not having a yubico module for the master branch. This worked on master
> before but 3.3.5 does not build either. I have enclosed my dockerfile such
> that you can change it and pick up whatever base system and modify which git
> branch you would like. You should be able to get at the generated rpms
> through the freeipa volume at least that was my thought the last time I
> messed with this during version .10 of docker. Anyway, let me know if this
> gets you somewhere.

Hi,
For building master you generally want to enable Fedora's
updates-testing repository.
Sometimes there are other repos/packages needed as well but we try to
keep them to a minimum. When someone brings in a dependency outside
updates/updates-testing should announce it on the list; if that doesn't
happen, feel free to shout at them.

--
Petr³