[Freeipa-devel] Password Vault Implementation

Endi Sukma Dewata edewata at redhat.com
Tue Jul 15 14:40:02 UTC 2014

On 7/15/2014 9:27 AM, Simo Sorce wrote:
> I am curious about this: "Currently there is no NSS backend for Python Cryptography."
> Yet we use python-nss in some projects already, so what is missing there ?
>
> Simo.

Does the IPA client currently require python-nss? There's a concern of
using python-nss directly on the client as it would create/reinforce the
NSS dependency.

This wouldn't really matter if IPA client is already depending on
python-nss for other things, but I think it would be better if we can
use the more abstract interface provided by the Cryptography library.

--
Endi S. Dewata