[Freeipa-devel] Releasing FreeIPA 4.0.1

Ludwig Krispenz lkrispen at redhat.com
Fri Jul 25 11:15:44 UTC 2014

On 07/25/2014 12:23 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As I mentioned earlier, I would like to very soon release FreeIPA 4.0.1
> containing the first bunch of stabilization fixes in 4.0 branch. One of the
> most critical ones were client installation and migration issues which blocked
> some of our users. Those are now fixed.
>
> This is the candidate release notes, updates or feedback welcome:
> http://www.freeipa.org/page/Releases/4.0.1
>
> Is there anything else you would see as a blocker for release? I plan to move
> all remaining 4.0.1 Trac milestone tickets to new 4.0.2 milestone which would
> be released in August.
>
> The only think I am now little concerned about is following report for new 389 DS:
>
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2014-8709/389-ds-base-1.3.2.20-1.fc20
>
> I can now also see it in my single node server, I am not sure whether it is
> benign (and annoying) error message or something more serious? Ludwig, is this
> something that should stall the FreeIPA release? After all, freeipa-server
> depends on this DS version.
This message is caused by fix for #47834, it tries to get the connid
(for use in potential error messages later) and this fails for internal
operations, it checks this case, but the error message is already logged :-(
I think you should see this for any internal add/delete/modrdn operation.

It shouldn't cause any problems, but could be very annoying - so it
should be fixed. If it should hold 4.0.1 or can wait for 4.0.2 is your
decision. Cant we upgrade DS independently of upgrading to 4.0.2, just
when it is available ?