[Freeipa-devel] Reorganization of Web UI navigation items

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Wed Jun 4 15:35:26 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-06-04 at 08:44 +0200, Martin Kosek wrote:
> On 06/04/2014 08:34 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
> > Users
> > - Users
> > - Groups
> > - SUDO
> >
> > Hosts
> > - Hosts
> > - Host groups
> > - Services
> > - Netgroups
> > - Automount
> >
> > Authentication
> > - OTP Tokens
> > - Password Policy
> > - Kerberos Ticket Policy
> >
> > Policy
> > - HBAC
> > - SELinux User Maps
> > - Automember
>
> Alternatively, we could rename Policy to "Authorization" as both HBAC and
> SELinux is about authorizing what an authenticated user can do. We would just
> need to move Automember to different place, though this one is difficult - it
> relates both to Users and Hosts, just like Netgroup.

I do not see the need to do Policy -> Authorization but Automember is in
the wrong place imo.

The first tab should be Users -> Accounts and include automember in it
as automember is about groupings ?

Actually I would merge the current Users and Hosts tabs into
'Accounts' (or maybe 'Identities' ?) and add Automember.