[Freeipa-devel] freeipa and Debian multiarch triplet

Timo Aaltonen tjaalton at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 19 08:18:02 UTC 2014

	Hi

  While porting the client code for current master I noticed that there
are some hardcodings to use /usr/lib{,64} paths for various things. This
is problematic for Debian and it's derivatives, since we use "proper
multiarch(tm)" which means paths like
/usr/lib/{i386-linux-gnu,x86_64-linux-gnu} and other GNU triplets. I'd
need to force freeipa to build only on these two archs by setting FOO =
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu and FOO_64 = /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu.

Ideas for solving it cleanly so that at least freeipa-client would be
possible to build on other archs too? For the server at least 389 needs
updates too, since it hardcodes paths the same way.