[Freeipa-devel] freeipa and Debian multiarch triplet

Timo Aaltonen tjaalton at ubuntu.com
Mon Jun 23 12:50:48 UTC 2014

23.06.2014 11:32, Martin Kosek kirjoitti:
> On 06/19/2014 10:18 AM, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
>>
>> 	Hi
>>
>>   While porting the client code for current master I noticed that there
>> are some hardcodings to use /usr/lib{,64} paths for various things. This
>> is problematic for Debian and it's derivatives, since we use "proper
>> multiarch(tm)" which means paths like
>> /usr/lib/{i386-linux-gnu,x86_64-linux-gnu} and other GNU triplets. I'd
>> need to force freeipa to build only on these two archs by setting FOO =
>> /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu and FOO_64 = /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu.
>>
>> Ideas for solving it cleanly so that at least freeipa-client would be
>> possible to build on other archs too? For the server at least 389 needs
>> updates too, since it hardcodes paths the same way.
>
> Apparently there were not many ideas on this topic. In case you have some idea
> how we could fix the ipaplatform package so that is serves you (or other
> platform consumers) better we are still open to changes - 4.0 is not released yet.

Well, maybe I was worrying too much, since for instance the firefox path
is always /usr/lib/firefox on debian, so LIB64_FIREFOX can be whatever
since LIB_FIREFOX will always match the correct path.. but I need to
check the rest too.

Applying the remaining ipaplatform patches to master would allow me to
finish Debian client support, first draft anyway :)