[Freeipa-devel] [RFC] Release notes for FreeIPA 4.0

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Mon Jun 30 11:51:12 UTC 2014

Hello all,

We should start working on FreeIPA 4.0 release notes. Lot of work has been
done, there is a lot if relase information we need to address.

I created the first draft partially generated and updated from Trac enhancement
tickets, including the ticket+design links:

http://www.freeipa.org/page/Releases/4.0.0

I think that especially the links to respective designs will be helpful for
people googling for this release.

I would like to ask for your help to clean and enhance the releases notes and
add more information for features doing big changes or changes in behavior. I
currently have these special sections defined, other proposals welcome:

* 2FA Kerberos Authenication (Nathaniel)
* Reworked Control Access (Petr3)
* DNS Master Forward Zones (Martin)
* Experimental DNSSEC Support (Petr2, Martin)

Thank you!

--
Martin Kosek <mkosek at redhat.com>
Supervisor, Software Engineering - Identity Management Team