[Freeipa-devel] emerging standard for hosts/passwords policy/automount/netgroups in LDAP

Petr Spacek pspacek at redhat.com
Thu Mar 13 08:40:42 UTC 2014

Hello list,

FYI I have come across following RFC drafts:

(please start with the first one :-)
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-bannister-dbis-mapping-03.txt
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bannister-dbis-passwd-02
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-bannister-dbis-policy-03.txt
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bannister-dbis-netgroup-02
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bannister-dbis-automounter-02
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bannister-dbis-hosts-04

I didn't study them in detail but it seems like an attempt to standardize
Directory User Agent (DUA) profiles for various things like automounter etc.

Maybe we can contact the author and coordinate/harmonize what possible.

At first glance automount spec seems incompatible with RFC2307bis schema,
maybe that is one of things we can discuss and try to solve.

--
Petr^2 Spacek