[Freeipa-devel] Should mask/unmask be part of disabling/enabling services in systemd?

Martin Basti mbasti at redhat.com
Fri Sep 19 11:50:21 UTC 2014

Hello list,

I need to use systemd mask/unmask in ipa service.

But as Honza wrote:
"IMO masking/unmasking should be part of disabling/enabling a service in
systemd. AFAIK in most other init systems when you disable a service, it
has the same effect as masking the service in systemd - it will never be
started until it is enabled/unmasked again. "

So my questions is, should be masking part of disabling service in
systemd, to be platform independent?
Or should we add mask/unmask methods to
ipaplatform.base.services.PlatformService where mask is alias for disable?

Martin^2

--
Martin Basti