[Freeipa-devel] [PATH 0053] Inconsistency between ipasearchrecordslimit and --sizelimit

Gabe Alford redhatrises at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 19:43:22 UTC 2015

Hello,

Updated patch attached.

- Time limit is -1 for unlimited. I found this
https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2011-January/msg00330.html in
reference to keeping the time limit as -1 for unlimited.
Sure enough, testing time limit at 0 did not work for unlimited as well as
appeared to have negative effects on IPA. Also, I believe that
http://www.python-ldap.org/doc/html/ldap.html#ldap.LDAPObject.search_ext_s
specifies unlimited for time limit as -1. (Please correct me if I am wrong.)

- Size limit is 0 for unlimited per Jan's comment including a conversion
from -1 to 0 if -1 is entered for unlimited size limit.

>            Actually, 0 means unlimited for size limit, see
>            <
http://www.python-ldap.org/doc/html/ldap.html#ldap.LDAPObject.search_ext_s>

Thanks,

Gabe