[Freeipa-devel] ipa-replica-prepare requests reverse zone on RHEL

Oleg Fayans ofayans at redhat.com
Thu Aug 20 08:18:09 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I am trying to run integration tests for dnssec in RHEL-7.2
The tests keep failing at the step of preparing the replica. I figured
out, the ipa-replica-prepare with the standard parameters requests
reverse zone info (does not do it in fedora) which causes the test to fail.

Does anyone know why does it do it? We can, of course update our tests
adding a --no-reverse option, but I'd like to know how come it behaves
differently depending on the platform.

The system is
dell-pe1950-06.rhts.eng.brq.redhat.com

The command looks like this:

[root at dell-pe1950-06 ~]# ipa-replica-prepare -p '<password>'
--ip-address 10.34.54.25 dell-pe1950-05.rhts.eng.brq.redhat.com
Do you want to configure the reverse zone? [yes]:

--
Oleg Fayans
Quality Engineer