[Freeipa-devel] FreeIPA 4.1.3 release notes draft

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Thu Feb 19 14:51:30 UTC 2015

On 02/17/2015 08:26 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
> On 02/16/2015 05:13 PM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
>> Q: The same upgrade instructions are copied from release to release. Shouldn't
>> we rather move them into separate page which would contain the upgrade steps?
>> Listed by releases which introduced them.
>
> I think that release notes could simply just contain the link to the Upgrade
> page on FreeIPA.org. I would only list special information in the upgrade
> section if there is an important change to upgrade or a migration needed (as
> with DNS Forward zones).
>
> This way, with information copied around, I do not think people read it anyway.
> Also, I think there is still the wrong order of upgrade tools mentioned in some
> release notes.
>
> Potentially, same with Feedback - it could just link to
> http://www.freeipa.org/page/Contribute#Communication
>
> Though this is not that critical, given it's short length.
>
> Martin

No objections? If this is the case, we can just create the Upgrade page and
start just referencing it.

Regarding 4.1.3, I do not really like the bug fixes/enhancements texts - this
are just patch names, people without deeper knowledge will not be able to
understand what we actually fixed.

I.e., I would rather change:

"winsync: fixed password sync" --> "PassSync plugin could not update
synchronized users due to too strict access control"

Martin