[Freeipa-devel] Move FreeIPA translations to Zanata?

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Fri Jan 9 12:53:03 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 09, 2015 at 01:42:25PM +0100, Martin Kosek wrote:
> I am forwarding my conversation with the Noriko from Fedora localization
> team to the devel list, see below. What do you guys think? Any concerns with
> moving FreeIPA translations from Transifex to Zanata? SSSD project is moving
> there as well.

s/is moving/has moved/ :-)

The 1.12.3 release we did yesterday already contains translations
fetched from Zanata.

> The move has +1 from me, the Zanata platform looks great, many projects are
> migrating to it AND it is open source (unlike Transifex).
>
> The actual migration should be pretty straightforward. Tomas Babej already
> volunteered to take care of the localization process. The Fedora
> localization team will help with any Zanata specifics, so it should be
> pretty smooth move.

For SSSD it was pretty straighforward thanks to some help we received
from the Fedora team. My only negative-ish impression of Zanata so far
is that I liked the Transifex tooling better. I hope the zanata-cli
tools will improve over time as well.