[Freeipa-devel] Process update - design page review

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Thu Jan 15 08:24:09 UTC 2015

Hello,

Please note that following the discussion and Petr's proposal in
http://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2015-January/msg00016.html
which was accepted on this list, I updated our design pages for new fields
related to design page author and reviewer.

Following changes were implemented:
* Design author was moved from design page to info box under tag "author". If
there are more author, they can be specified as "author2", "author3", ... Wiki
login should be used, as the login name is then converted to link to user page
under the template hood.

* Design page info box now has new field "reviewer", with a person that ACKs
the design (there can be multiple of them as well). If page has no reviewer,
there is the "review missing" icon.

Example page with filled reviewer:
https://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Replica_Promotion

Code:
{{Feature|version=TODO|ticket=TODO|author=SimoSorce|author2=MKosek|reviewer=Mkosek}}

Example page with missing review:
http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Manage_replication_topology

Code:
{{Feature|version=4.2.0|ticket=4302|author=LKrispen}}

If there are any concerns with this design page process update, please tell me.
If not, let us use it! As FreeIPA gets more and more complex, careful design
review is required.

--
Martin Kosek <mkosek at redhat.com>
Supervisor, Software Engineering - Identity Management Team