[Freeipa-devel] Community Portal Milestone

Drew Erny derny at redhat.com
Mon Jun 8 19:37:58 UTC 2015

Hi, all,

I'm going to start working on the Community Portal milestone this week.
The first thing I'm noticing is that for almost all of the community
portal, there has to be some way for the IPA server to send email, which
right now isn't possible. It has been brought to my attention, however,
that there is an existing ticket
(https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/1593) that includes email under
its purview. I don't want to write a bunch of code that'll get tossed
when work starts on the notification system if I don't have to, but I
will if I must.

I need a little bit of guidance. Is working on code to let the IPA
server send email to users a good place to start chipping at this?

Thanks,

Drew Erny
derny at redhat.com