[Freeipa-devel] topology issues

Oleg Fayans ofayans at redhat.com
Tue Jun 9 14:25:25 UTC 2015

On 06/09/2015 04:19 PM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:

> On 06/09/2015 04:14 PM, Oleg Fayans wrote:

>>> yes, that is for the first attempt to directly remove the agreement,
>>> but when the server is removed the agreements should be removed
>> We should probably think of less threatening error message in this
>> case. Just from reading the command output one might conclude that
>> replica removal failed.
>>> then it is ok,
>>> what do you mean, where do you check ? in the "remaining" topology
>>> the shared tree should be updated, for the removed replica it will
>>> not, but this should be uninstalled anyway
>> The problem here, is that the topology information does not get
>> updated on master as well.
> could you be a bit more precise. what do you still see ? the agreement
> will be only removed if the segment is removed, and this should be
> reoplicated to all severs in the remaining topology - if you don't
> disconnect it by removing the replica.
> and what was the topology structure and which replica did you remove,
> on which server did you remove it?
So,  Here is the results of the `topologysegment-find` command before
replica removal:
root at f22master:/var/log/dirsrv/slapd-BAGAM-NET]$ ipa topologysegment-find
Suffix name: realm
------------------
2 segments matched
------------------
   Segment name: f22master.bagam.net-to-f22replica1.bagam.net
   Left node: f22master.bagam.net
   Right node: f22replica1.bagam.net
   Connectivity: both

   Segment name: f22master.bagam.net-to-f22replica2.bagam.net
   Left node: f22master.bagam.net
   Right node: f22replica2.bagam.net
   Connectivity: both
Number of entries returned 2
Then, after issuing `ipa-replica-manage-del f2replica1.bagam.net
--force` on the master, the same command on master still shows exactly
the same topology:

--
Oleg Fayans
Quality Engineer