[Freeipa-devel] Community Portal Milestone

Drew Erny derny at redhat.com
Wed Jun 10 14:55:36 UTC 2015

On 06/10/2015 10:16 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
> AFAIK, this work would form some standalone page utilizing the FreeIPA
> Web UI framework we have already, to get the same look and feel. Using
> FreeIPA API to store/manipulate user entries should be thus much
> easier, then taking care of separate database. Also, if Stage user
> tree is used, the admins doing the validation of user entries may also
> have other responsibilities in FreeIPA, so they may welcome having
> these entries in Stage User in the FreeIPA Web UI without going to
> special application. Just my thoughts, I would welcome other feedback.
I'm worried if I try to fit this into the existing WebUI framework, I'm
gonna end up wrangling with the fact that the WebUI expects to have an
authenticated LDAP user, but we need anonymous access for both
self-service registration and (eventually) for password reset. I'm not
sure what kind of changes would be needed to make this work. I'll use
the stageuser tree either way, though; your argument on that is
definitely correct.