[Freeipa-devel] FreeIPA 4.2 Alpha preparations

Petr Vobornik pvoborni at redhat.com
Thu Jun 18 12:05:55 UTC 2015

On 06/17/2015 05:44 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
> On 06/17/2015 12:31 PM, Fraser Tweedale wrote:

>>> What is the ETA? It would be nice to have the fix for Alpha, the package can
>>> be built in the freeipa-4.2 COPR repo, together with the 4.2 Alpha release.
>>> If the ETA is too far, we may need to release Alpha regardless as there are
>>> some Test Days planned next week and upgrade is not required for such test
>>> days.
>>>
>> Based on people educating me about how LDAP replication works:
>> tomorrow, hopefully.  In any case, I'm glad to know that the test
>> days will not be affected by upgrade issues.
>
> Well, I will need some release in COPR for the test day. If clean install
> works, it is good for me. So if you do not have Dogtag release with upgrade
> issues fixed, I would just release Alpha as is, with this limitation.
>
> I do not expect people upgrading to Alpha from production releases before 4.2
> anyway.

>>> Right. This must be fixed before GA, but Alpha can live without it IMO.
>>
>> I investigated this regression today - details are in another
>> thread, but it appears to be introduced by a different change and I
>> have requested comment from those more familiar with that change.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Fraser

I'm going to tag alpha_1-4-3-0 today at 15:00 CET.

I'm not aware of any alpha blockers on FreeIPA side. Please contact me
if there are patches which should make the release.

This release will be available in mkosek/freeipa-4-2 COPR repository.
When ready, the new dogtag should go into the COPR as well.

What are the know issues which should be mentioned in release notes?

http://www.freeipa.org/page/Releases/4.2.0.alpha1#Known_Issues
--
Petr Vobornik