[Freeipa-devel] topologysegment-mod question

Ludwig Krispenz lkrispen at redhat.com
Wed Jun 24 12:25:30 UTC 2015

On 06/24/2015 01:59 PM, Oleg Fayans wrote:
> Hi Petr,
>
> Thanks for clarification! It seems though, that all possible
> attributes are already mapped to the topologysegment-mod options:
>
> [13:42:45]ofayans at vm-244:~]$  ipa show-mappings topologysegment-mod
> Parameter      : LDAP attribute
> =========      : ==============
> stripattrs     : nsds5replicastripattrs
> replattrs      : nsds5replicatedattributelist
> replattrstotal : nsds5replicatedattributelisttotal
> timeout        : nsds5replicatimeout
> enabled        : nsds5replicaenabled
> rights         : rights
> [13:47:41]ofayans at vm-244:~]$ ipa help topologysegment-mod
> Usage: ipa [global-options] topologysegment-mod TOPOLOGYSUFFIX NAME
> [options]
>
> Modify a segment.
>   -h, --help            show this help message and exit
>   --stripattrs=STR      A space separated list of attributes which are
> removed
>                         from replication updates.
>   --replattrs=STR       Attributes that are not replicated to a consumer
>                         server during a fractional update. E.g.,
>                         `(objectclass=*) $ EXCLUDE accountlockout memberof
>   --replattrstotal=STR  Attributes that are not replicated to a consumer
>                         server during a total update. E.g.
> (objectclass=*) $
>                         EXCLUDE accountlockout
>   --timeout=INT         Number of seconds outbound LDAP operations
> waits for a
>                         response from the remote replica before timing
> out and
>                         failing
>   --enabled=['on', 'off']
>                         Whether a replication agreement is active, meaning
>                         whether replication is occurring per that
> agreement
>   --setattr=STR         Set an attribute to a name/value pair. Format is
>                         attr=value. For multi-valued attributes, the
> command
>                         replaces the values already present.
>   --addattr=STR         Add an attribute/value pair. Format is
> attr=value. The
>                         attribute must be part of the schema.
>   --delattr=STR         Delete an attribute/value pair. The option will be
>                         evaluated last, after all sets and adds.
>   --rights              Display the access rights of this entry (requires
>                         --all). See ipa man page for details.
>   --all                 Retrieve and print all attributes from the server.
>                         Affects command output.
>   --raw                 Print entries as stored on the server. Only
> affects
>                         output format.
>
> So, setattr, addattr and delattr should, I think, be explained in the
> design document, with example usage.
>
> Another question that I have:
> In order to test topologysegment-reinitialize, I need to set the
> replica timeout to, say, 1, then turn this replica off, then make some
> changes on master and turn on the replica? I mean, my goal is to make
> master to give up attempts to synchronize with replica, is that correct?
I don't see why you want to do all these steps, initialize means that
the database of B is overwritten by the database of A, so you could
check that the content is the same. But to simulate a situation where
init is required is not so easy, if you turn the replica on again, the
changes could be normally replicated before you start the init