[Freeipa-devel] topologysegment-mod question

Ludwig Krispenz lkrispen at redhat.com
Wed Jun 24 14:31:07 UTC 2015

On 06/24/2015 04:19 PM, Oleg Fayans wrote:

> On 06/24/2015 02:35 PM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:

>>> The question is: how do I make sure that the content on node /a /is
>>> overwritten with the content of node /b/? I kind of need the two
>>> nodes to have different content and not trying to synchronize
>>> automatically
>> you could combine this with a backup test. On server A make a backup,
>> make some changes on any node and wait until it is replicated
>> everywhere. restore A from the backup and reinitialize the complete
>> topology. It should be enough with 2 or three servers
> Will the changes introduced by restoring from backup not get
> replicated automatically?
no, a restore will only replace the database, then it depends on the
replication agreements and state of other servers. On the restored
server the changes after backup are no longer available, but they coul
be replicated back from other servers, that's why it is recommended to
disable repl agreements to this server and then reinit