[Freeipa-devel] Time-based account policies

Alexander Bokovoy abokovoy at redhat.com
Tue Mar 10 14:45:39 UTC 2015

On Tue, 10 Mar 2015, Martin Kosek wrote:
>On 03/10/2015 03:34 PM, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:

>>> Yes this is a rule expressed in "Local Time" which is a time-zone-less
>>> rule.
>> Yep, and timezone info for this rule is "Local Time" which is a timezone
>> that doesn't exist in Olson database and would be interpreted by SSSD
>> as "default server timezone".
>
>I still do not understand.
>
>With Local Time HBAC rule, I thought that the time zone information/setting
>would only exist on the local machine. Maybe if you provide example of exact
>setting that would be stored in LDAP and what should be the implications on the
>clients in different time zones, I would understand better.
Instead of a single time point in UTC we would have a pair (time,
tzinfo) where tzinfo is just a timezone info from Olson database
(tzdata). 'time' element would be expressed in UTC.

We would use Olson database to find out available timezones. If tzinfo
is 'Local Time', we simply record it this way in LDAP record and then
SSSD on the client would parse it in such way that instead of forcing TZ
to the tzinfo string it would use default /etc/localtime on the host.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy