[Freeipa-devel] FreeIPA or freeIPA? (logo/spelling change)

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Tue Mar 24 11:47:15 UTC 2015

Hey Martin & Petr,

On 03/24/2015 07:39 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
> I do not think we are getting into any real changes, it would not even be a
> good idea to mess with the name or the logo at this point. I think people were
> mostly interested in the reasoning why the first "f" is lower and if people
> would have any strong preference over changing it...
>
> TLDR; no actions needed :-)

Ah okay!

I think I did the logo in 2007.... I don't think the lowercase f was so
deliberate a decision; I think a lot of logos we were doing at the time
were lowercase so I just followed suit (e.g., the Fedora logo we use
today with a lowercase f was 2006 or 2007 I think. The first Fedora logo
had an uppercase F!)

I think the change from lowercase to uppercase F is minimal enough that
it shouldn't be an issue. Let me know if you decide to make that (or any
other) changes and I'm happy to help. IIRC I built that logo to be
pretty easily editable.

(also this is going to be held in the mod queue since I'm not a list
member :) )

~m