[Freeipa-devel] User life cycle: Question about ACI "Admin read-only attributes"

thierry bordaz tbordaz at redhat.com
Mon Mar 30 09:50:36 UTC 2015

Hello,

    The aci "Admin read-only attributes" grants, for the complete
    suffix, read access to 'admin' users for the following attributes.

        "ipaUniqueId || memberOf || enrolledBy || krbExtraData ||
        krbPrincipalName || krbCanonicalName || krbPasswordExpiration ||
        krbLastPwdChange || krbLastSuccessfulAuth || krbLastFailedAuth"

    "userPassword" and "krbPrincipalKey" are not "read-only" attributes
    so I guess it is the reason why they are not part of this list.

    For User life cycle, I would need admin users to be granted read
    access on "userPassword" and "krbPrincipalKey".
    The scope could be limited to Stage container but I was wondering if
    there is a security reason to not grant read access on the full suffix ?

    thanks
    thierry