[Freeipa-devel] [TEST PLAN] User lifecycle plugin

Martin Basti mbasti at redhat.com
Wed May 13 15:54:47 UTC 2015

On 13/05/15 17:44, David Kupka wrote:
> On 05/13/2015 02:57 PM, Lenka Ryznarova wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've prepared test plan design for User Lifecycle Plugin - [1]. Please
>> review and let me know if you have any comments on that.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Lenka
>>
>> [1] http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/User_Life-Cycle_Management/Test_Plan
>>

> Hi,
> thanks for sharing the test plan. I've quickly looked at it and have
> just 2 notes:
>
> 1) please add "Verify that specific GID number of a staged entry is
> preserved after activation"
>
> 2) In a block of tests "Try activating staged entry with
> <every-possible-attribute>" please add a activation tests. It should
> be possible to add/modify the attributes in staging are freely all the
> check must be applied when the user is activated.

Hello, following tests are out of scope of API tests, but would be nice
to have:
* test to make sure the staged/deleted user is unable to kinit
* opposite case the reactivated user is able to kinit (if this case is
valid)
* ACI tests: to make sure only proper roles can manipulate with staged
users.

--
Martin Basti