[Freeipa-devel] Fwd: Re: ipa topology command

Petr Vobornik pvoborni at redhat.com
Mon May 18 16:37:17 UTC 2015

On 05/18/2015 06:21 PM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:

> On 05/18/2015 06:05 PM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I started this discussion with Petr, but he thinks it should be better
>> discussed here.
>> Ludwig

Does "stop" work as well?

> no automatic monitoring provided. If you want this, we need to extend
> what status information is mainained in the shared tree.

Since there is no update of state of the init process and the fact that
the attr is cleared when target replica gets the info ('starẗ́'|'stop'),
I think that there is no value in having it as a param(ie output of
-show command) because it will be almost always empty and therefore no
useful information would be displayed to a user.

>> If the plugin updates the attribute with the
>> initialization state then IMHO these are the step we should take
>> (details could be different):
>> 1. create both attributes:
>>
>>      Str(
>>          'nsds5beginreplicarefresh;left',
>>          cli_name='init-left',
>>          label='Left node initialization',
>>          doc='Status of initialization of left node',
>>          flags=['no_create', 'no_update', 'no_search'],
>>      ),
>>
>>      Str(
>>          'nsds5beginreplicarefresh;right',
>>          cli_name='init-right',
>>          label='Right node initialization',
>>          doc='Status of initialization of right node',
>>          flags=['no_create', 'no_update', 'no_search'],
>>      ),
> yes that would do it, maybe init-fromleft or init-from-right would be
> clearer
>>
>> The attribute was made read-only so it can't be modified using
>> segment-mod but segment-show would show its status.
> what do you mean by was made read-only ?

That it won't be listed as an option of topologysegment-mod command and
therefore user is forced to use the init command (if I don't count
--setattr option).

--
Petr Vobornik