[Freeipa-devel] Kerberos over HTTPS (KDC proxy)

Christian Heimes cheimes at redhat.com
Wed May 27 14:01:57 UTC 2015

On 2015-05-27 15:51, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
> As I understand the problem, there is an assumption that an optional
> component has a distinct service to start and stop. That is not the
> case here. This is just new config for apache.

More details:

The KDC Proxy uses the same Apache instance as FreeIPAs Web GUI and
Tomcat. There is no extra service involved. The switch just decides if
https://ipa.example.org/KdcProxy acts as a MS-KKDCP end point or returns
a 404 error.

My patch "0001 Provide Kerberos over HTTP (MS-KKDCP)" has more details.

Christian