[Freeipa-devel] Kerberos over HTTPS (KDC proxy)

Jan Cholasta jcholast at redhat.com
Thu May 28 05:42:16 UTC 2015

Dne 27.5.2015 v 15:54 Simo Sorce napsal(a):
> On Wed, 2015-05-27 at 15:47 +0200, Jan Cholasta wrote:

>>> Sorry Jan, but this is really the correct approach.
>>
>> I don't think so.
>>

>>> We want a boolean in LDAP to control whether the IPA Domain allows
>>> proxying or not, the code is embedded in the overall framework and has
>>> no need for explicit install/uninstall unlike the CA or DNS components.
>>
>> There is a boolean for every other component/service as well. If you
>> want to add new API to manipulate the boolean, fine, but it should be
>> done in a generic way that works for other components as well.
>
> This is the same as:
> ipa config-mod --enable-migration=TRUE
>
> Why is it a problem ?

This is a switch to enable the migrate-ds plugin. I think it's hardly
fair to compare it to a whole new component which provides a new service
to the outside world.

> This is not a separate service.

How is it not a separate service? If it's installed, MS-KKDCP is
provided to the outside world, and if it's not installed MS-KKDCP is not
provided to the outside world. How is this different from, say, DNS?
(Besides implementation details, such as what protocols or how many
daemons it uses - think about IPA as a black box for a moment.)

--
Jan Cholasta