[Freeipa-devel] Kerberos over HTTPS (KDC proxy)

Christian Heimes cheimes at redhat.com
Thu May 28 10:53:42 UTC 2015

On 2015-05-28 12:46, Martin Kosek wrote:
> I am fine with this too. So if there is not another major disagreement, let us
> start with enabling KDCPROXY by default during upgrade/install, the new ACI and
> the per-replica standard configuration.
>
> API CLI/UI can come later (4.2.x or 4.3).

LGTM, too.

How should the new ACI work? I see two possible ways:

1) Allow compare/search for ipaConfigString=enabledService for everybody:

(targetfilter="(ipaConfigString=enabledService)")(targetattr="ipaConfigString")(version
3.0; acl "Compare enabledService access to masters"; allow(search,
compare) userdn = "ldap:///all";)

2) Create a new permission, assign it to all HTTP principals and allow
read, compare and search for all ipaConfigString attributes.

For the second way I need somebody to walk me through the permission and
role system of FreeIPA.

Christian