[Freeipa-devel] New replica installation and topology - we need stable base

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Thu May 28 13:47:17 UTC 2015

On 05/27/2015 04:59 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
> Domain Levels
> - Done, committed
> - Defaults to Level 1, i.e. Topology plugin powered infra enabled

With respect to related Simo's response in
http://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2015-May/msg00553.html

Would we want to enable Topology (i.e. Domain Level 1) even if Replica
promotion is not done? I thought we do as I see those as orthogonal features.
Replica promotion would take advantage of the Topology plugin, but it does not
mean you cannot benefit from Topology plugin without it.

You can still use the API to see/manage the topology and set replication
settings with it. You do not need Replica Promotion for that...