[Freeipa-devel] New replica installation and topology - we need stable base

Ludwig Krispenz lkrispen at redhat.com
Thu May 28 14:14:28 UTC 2015

On 05/28/2015 04:04 PM, Martin Kosek wrote:
> On 05/28/2015 04:04 PM, Ludwig Krispenz wrote:

>>> The question here is if Topology plugin (i.e. Domain Level 1) shall be enabled
>>> during new FreeIPA 4.2 installation or if would be still disabled and only
>>> enabled by domain-level-set request.
>> I'm with Simo, this shoul be a deliberate action by an admin, based upon the
>> info that all servers support this domain level
> Guys, I am really talking about *new* FreeIPA server installation, not
> upgrades. If you are installing FreeIPA 4.2 server, you already know that *all*
> servers support Topology as we do not allow installing replica with older
> version than a server.
>
> What do I miss here?
well, I was not sure where in the install process you would set the
domain level. If you create
a 4.2 replica from a 4.1 server and in the instance creation of the 4.2
replica you set the domain level automatically,
it depends on when it  is done what side effects it will have. but maybe
I miss that this already is handled