[Freeipa-devel] New replica installation and topology - we need stable base

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Thu May 28 15:01:30 UTC 2015

On 05/28/2015 04:57 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Thu, 2015-05-28 at 16:14 +0200, Martin Kosek wrote:

>>> I think new installation should be on 1 but only if we have decided and
>>> finalized what "level 1" is.
>>>
>>> Simo.
>>>

>> In my mind, Domain Level 1 means:
>>
>> - Topology plugins is activated for all replicas and manages the agreements
>> - All changes to topology can be only made via topology-* commands
>> - ipa-replica-manage connect|disconnect are not allowed
>
> Ok, if we want to restrict it to this then fine.
> In my original plan level 1 also meant the KISS/Custodia service is
> available on all master. If not then we cannot depend on it and we
> cannot fully finish the work on replica promotion w/o requiring the
> replica package anymore.

The Custodia/Replica promotion will depend on Topology plugin to be there, but
I do not think we necessarily need to make it a new Domain Level just for it.
During "ipa-replica-install", the installer can simply check if Custodia is
accessible on remote server and bail out if it is not accessible and it does
not have the replica file.

Martin