[Freeipa-devel] [Update]Time-Based Account Policies

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Mon Nov 16 09:32:43 UTC 2015

On 11/13/2015 04:40 PM, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On 13/11/15 10:17, Martin Basti wrote:
>>> And in general I am opposed to have a separate object on performance
>>> grounds (for clients) and also on the fact that is becomes tricky to
>>> keep objects in sync.
>> What exactly is the performance issue there? To download extra entry
>> from LDAP?
>
> Yes because now you have to download rules, parse them, find out what needs tro
> be downloaded and pull it, or wore just download all time rules

Just for the record, you should be able to pull that in one LDAP search, when
you cast dereference on the HBAC time linking attribute and pull the settings
from time object also.

This is what SSSD does with user search AFAIK, though I am not sure you can do
it in non-base search returning multiple results.