[Freeipa-devel] [patch 0020] ipatests: configure Network Manager not to manage resolv.conf

Milan Kubík mkubik at redhat.com
Thu Oct 1 10:27:08 UTC 2015

On 10/01/2015 11:23 AM, Martin Basti wrote:

> On 10/01/2015 10:18 AM, Milan Kubík wrote:
>> On 10/01/2015 10:06 AM, Milan Kubík wrote:
>>> Fixes https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/5331
>>>
>>> Patch attached.
>>>

>> Patch for ipa-4-2 branch.
>>
>> Milan
>>

> NACK
>
> http://fpaste.org/273499/43691381/
I disagree. From [1]:

     Fedora now by default relies on NetworkManager for network
configuration. This is the case also for minimal installations and
server installations.

The cloud image, which you are probably using does not have
NetworkManager installed. I think we can rely on the default here and assume
NetworkManager is present.

If you and the list disagree, I will make the fix depend on
NetworkManager's presence.
Nitpick: there can be other services that manage (and rewrite) resolv.conf.

[1]: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/NetworkManager

--
Milan Kubik