[Freeipa-devel] freshly added service is disabled

Oleg Fayans ofayans at redhat.com
Tue Oct 20 08:12:00 UTC 2015

Hi all,

While running the caless tests I've encountered a strange behavior of
the service module:
when I add a new service and then try to disable it, it says, it has
been already disabled:

ofayans at f22master:~]$ ipa service-add --force
Principal: totest/trololo.pesen.net
Added service "totest/trololo.pesen.net at PESEN.NET"
   Principal: totest/trololo.pesen.net at PESEN.NET
   Managed by: trololo.pesen.net
ofayans at f22master:~]$ ipa service-disable
Principal: totest/trololo.pesen.net at PESEN.NET
ipa: ERROR: This entry is already disabled

ipa help service shows there is no service-enable subcommand. So I have
2 questions:
1. How do I enable previously disabled service?
2. Why is a freshly-created service disabled by default?

--
Oleg Fayans
Quality Engineer