[Freeipa-devel] FreeIPA 4.2.1 checklist

Martin Kosek mkosek at redhat.com
Fri Sep 4 07:03:27 UTC 2015

On 09/04/2015 08:57 AM, Jan Pazdziora wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 04, 2015 at 08:42:47AM +0200, Martin Kosek wrote:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> It is now only couple days before Fedora 23 Beta freeze [1] and as we
>> discussed, we would like to release FreeIPA 4.2.1, which already contains 148
>
> Looking at
>
> 	https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/milestone/FreeIPA%204.2.1
>
> it says there are 56 active tickets and clicking that 56 I get to
>
> 	https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/query?milestone=FreeIPA+4.2.1&status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&group=status
>
> where I can see eight critical defects (besides numerous major).
>
> Is that expected?

Based on how stabilization ticket buckets are organized now, it is expected.
Right now, "FreeIPA 4.2.1" milestone rather means "FreeIPA 4.2.1 or later 4.2.x
release" as non-closed tickets are simply moved to "FreeIPA 4.2.2" at the
release time and we continue working on the stabilization branch.

This makes the job easier and less error-prone for people closing the tickets
when patches are merged as the Milestone name always refer to the right FreeIPA
version (it did not in the past). If this setup is confusing for people, other
option would be to have something like "FreeIPA 4.2.x backlog" and move the
ticket to the right version milestone ("FreeIPA 4.2.1") at the time the ticket
is closed. But without proper tooling, I am afraid people may simply close the
ticket within "FreeIPA 4.2.x backlog" and it would then not be clear what
version it is fixed in.

Martin