[Freeipa-devel] IPA 3.0 migrated to 4.1 users break winsync agreement when deleted in active directory

Andreas Calminder andreas.calminder at nordnet.se
Wed Sep 9 14:44:19 UTC 2015

Hi,
thanks for your reply, I'm able to list the user with ldapsearch and I
can't find any conflict entries described in the article. The 4.1
environment is only 1 server connected to active directory. Forgot to
reply to the list before, doh!

I've noticed a difference between users in 3.0 and 4.1 though, migrated
users in the 4.1 does not have an entry in "
cn=groups,cn=accounts,dc=sub,dc=domain,dc=tld" while users in 3.0 have this.
Example:

FreeIPA 4.1 environment:
# ldapsearch -xLLL -D "cn=directory manager" -W
-b"cn=batman,cn=groups,cn=accounts,dc=sub,dc=domain,dc=tld"
Enter LDAP Password:
No such object (32) Matched DN:
cn=groups,cn=accounts,dc=sub,dc=domain,dc=tld

FreeIPA 3.0 environment:
# ldapsearch -xLLL -D "cn=directory manager" -W -b
"cn=batman,cn=groups,cn=accounts,dc=sub,dc=domain,dc=tld"
Enter LDAP Password:
dn: cn=batman,cn=groups,cn=accounts,dc=dev,dc=sub,dc=domain,dc=tld
objectClass: posixgroup
objectClass: ipaobject
objectClass: mepManagedEntry
objectClass: top
cn: batman
gidNumber: 1486600065
mepManagedBy: uid=batman,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=sub,dc=domain,dc=tld
ipaUniqueID: 139f6140-5074-11e5-a09d-005056914c0c

/andreas