[Freeipa-devel] Early feedback on Tracker based tests

Milan Kubík mkubik at redhat.com
Thu Sep 17 13:30:45 UTC 2015

Hi list,

I would like to ask you for any feedback you can provide me on $SUBJ.

Currently the tests for host, certprofiles and stage user plugins are
implemented
with the use of the tracker that Petr Viktorin originally designed as a
replacement
for the declarative xmlrpc tests.

With these tests already implemented, I'd like to know your feedback as for:

     * readability ot the tests
     * form of the Tracker class
     * the feedback on using the tracker instances via pytest's fixtures
     * anything else

We in upstream qe are on the verge of rewriting the declarative tests
into this form (en masse).
Any feedback in the early stages of this process will help us deliver
better tests.

Cheers,
Milan