[Freeipa-devel] [python-pytest-multihost]-Ticket-6 run_command produces exit code 1 on windows

Petr Viktorin pviktori at redhat.com
Wed Apr 6 11:25:55 UTC 2016

On 04/06/2016 10:55 AM, Niranjan wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> For https://fedorahosted.org/python-pytest-multihost/ticket/6 , i have proposed
> a patch, I think this patch is more of a workaround , than a solution. I would
> like to get more inputs on how to use pytest-multihost to execute commands
> on Windows. The method i am using requires cygwin with openssh/bash to be
> installed.

Wow. I'm surprised the only problem on Windows is the "set -e".

Regarding the patch:

- Why is get_winhost_class needed? I don't see it called anywhere.
- Similarly, why is host_type needed? Your patch only sets it.

If run_command of WinHost and Unix hosts are this similar, I would put
the 'set -e\n' for Unix (and an empty string for Windows) in a class
attribute named e.g. "command_prelude", use it in run_command, and move
run_command from Host to BaseHost.
Would that work, or am I missing something?

--
Petr Viktorin