[Freeipa-devel] [DESIGN] Kerberos principal alias handling

Martin Babinsky mbabinsk at redhat.com
Fri Apr 8 15:10:42 UTC 2016

Hi list,

I have put together a draft [1] outlining the effort to reimplement the
handling of Kerberos principals in both backend and frontend layers of
FreeIPA so that we may have multiple aliases per user, host or service
and thus implement stuff like
https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/3961 and
https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/5413 .

Since much of the plumbing was already implemented,[2] the document
mainly describes what the patches do. Some parts required by other use
cases may be missing so please point these out.

I would also be happy if you could correct all factual inacurracies, I
did research on this issue a long time ago and my knowledge turned a bit
rusty.

[1] http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Kerberos_principal_aliases
[2] https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2015-October/msg00048.html

--