[Freeipa-devel] [DESIGN REVIEW] V4/Manage_replication_topology_4_4

Martin Babinsky mbabinsk at redhat.com
Mon Apr 25 11:27:25 UTC 2016

Hi list,

this is my review of the
http://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Manage_replication_topology_4_4 design
page authored by Petr Vobornik.

Overall the page needs some more polishing, there is a number of TODOs
and typos which need to be expanded/fixed.

Here are some more specific points:

1.) there is a lengthy discussion about the interface and behavior of
server-del API command on this list.[1] The server_del description
should be updated to reflect the conclusion reached by this discussion.

2.) we should also put more thought into actions which should be
performed by `server-del` regarding cleanup of leftover references to
replica's ldap/ and HTTP/ principals and DNS records.

The thing is that the original code assumes that the cleanup is
performed under admin/Directory Manager credentials, while we should
assume that most of these tasks should be doable by host itself (see
server uninstall use-case). I shall make some more research into this.

3.) I would rewrite Topology graph section in Feature management because
the current text is not very readable. Also is there a plan to show
roles of an IPA master when clicking on it on the graph or is it a
stretch for 4.4?

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2016-April/msg00101.html

--
Martin^3 Babinsky