[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#317][comment] Unify password generation across FreeIPA

tiran freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Thu Dec 8 15:23:25 UTC 2016

Title: #317: Unify password generation across FreeIPA

tiran commented:
"""
@stlaz Your patch looks good. My comment regarding SHA1 was aimed at comment https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/317#issuecomment-265440651 . The suggestion of SHA1 is a *Verschlimmbesserung* (improvement for the worse) of the current code.

I studied the implementation ```ipa_generate_password```. The special cases for white space makes it more complicated. If you combine @simo5 's suggestion and my function, you can write the function in like 6 to 7 lines of simple code. It might be good idea to use only alpha numeric chars, too. ```#!='"%${}.?*``` have special meaning in bash, C, ini files etc.
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/317#issuecomment-265766597