[Freeipa-devel] [freeipa PR#317][comment] Unify password generation across FreeIPA

mbasti-rh freeipa-github-notification at redhat.com
Fri Dec 9 15:31:59 UTC 2016

Title: #317: Unify password generation across FreeIPA

mbasti-rh commented:
"""
It generates random tokens than can be used as:
- passwords
- anything else that should be random

It is written in class docstring

Yes we can randomly generate strings for each class with specified length, then generate randomly the rest, and finally make order of characters random. However I'm not sure if this is from crypto point of view equal to generate random string at once and then check validity, there can be something we don't see, but probably not.
"""

See the full comment at https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/pull/317#issuecomment-266041887